- We believe healthcare should be affordable and accessible to all. Mississippians lead the way in heart disease, diabetes and obesity. By providing healthcare that is obtainable for everyone, we could save lives, stabilize families, and boost our economy.
- We believe in the importance and value of quality public education. We support fully and equitably funding our public schools. We believe in keeping college affordable and providing workforce development programs at our community colleges.
Economic Equality and Opportunity
- Mississippi leads the country in the highest poverty level and the lowest income level. We believe all Mississippians deserve equal economic opportunity to improve their well-being. By raising the economic status of low and middle income Mississippians, by exposing economic inequalities, pushing for workers’ rights, progressive economic solutions, affordable education, we will ensure Mississippians the opportunity to improve their well-being.
Freedom of Religion
- Maintaining separation of church and state is the only way to truly protect our individual religious freedom. Freedom to practice one’s chosen religion is celebrated, but should not interfere with civil rights.
Equality for All
- As guaranteed by the US Constitution, we believe all Mississippians are equal in value and dignity and are entitled to equal treatment and protection under the law regardless of race, age, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, country of origin, disability status or socioeconomic status.
The Vote – One’s Power to Participate in Democracy
- We believe that voting is the right of all citizens. All eligible Mississippians should have easy access to exercise that right and should know that their vote counts.
- We recognize the critical importance of preserving the natural environment by promoting conservation efforts and sustainable energy sources.
- We believe unequivocally, like the majority of Americans, that every woman should have access to quality reproductive health care services, including safe and legal abortion—regardless of where she lives, how much money she makes, or how she is insured. We believe that reproductive health is core to women’s, men’s, and young people’s health and wellbeing. We will continue to stand up to Republican efforts to defund Planned Parenthood health centers, which provide critical health services to millions of people. We will continue to oppose—and seek to overturn—federal and state laws and policies that impede a woman’s access to abortion.